This collection of anthems is intended to provide modern but approachable and singable works for choirs that face the challenge of finding appropriate repertoire for ensembles with few tenors or basses. The composers were challenged to write anthems that remain within a reasonable voice range, that provide vocal lines of interest for each part, that ensure that accompaniments help singers find starting notes and reinforce vocal lines, and have accompaniments that work on organ or piano and are not outrageously difficult.
The composers in this collection include: Stef Conner, Christopher Leedham, Robert Saxton, Ed Hughes, Laurence Roman, Sadie Harrison, Patrick John Jones, Anne E Boyd, David Lancaster, and Morag Galloway.
- Stef Conner: Beneath thy protection
- Christopher Leedham: Come away, my love
- Robert Saxton: I will lift up mine eyes to the Lord
- Ed Hughes: Nunc dimittis
- Laurence Roman: O Praise the Lord
- Sadie Harrison: Praise him with trumpet sounds
- Patrick John Jones: Prayer (I)
- Anne E. Boyd: Sing to the Lord
- David Lancaster: Song of Light
- Morag Galloway: We are not for names